M B Feeney: Getting to Know the Woman Behind the Words

I've known M B Feeney for several years now, and am proud as punch that she's about to become a published author.

I thought I'd post a few Q&A's as well as the details for the upcoming release of her story, Right Click, Love, which is her contribution to Renaissance Romance Publishing's Sugar Plum Dreams anthology.


Disheartened about not being able to find "Mr Right" on the London dating scene, best friends Jodie Lynch and Louise Hewson create a blog to not only document their disastrous dates with the numerous "Mr. Wrongs" and "Mr. Okay-for-nows" but also to help those going through the same experiences and to see where they're going wrong.  How will they deal with everything the dating scene has to throw at them - planned or otherwise?

Here's a little teaser:

"Conversation One:
Phil: “Hi, I’m Phil.” *points to sticker*
Me: “Hi, I’m Jodie.” *nervous grin*
Phil: *cuts to the chase* “Is your underwear a matching set?”
Me: “What?” *very confused and expression of slight shock* “What the hell does that have to do with anything?”
Phil: “I’m kind of conducting research into women on the pull. It fascinates me, the amount of effort that's put into ensnaring a mate.” *smarmy grin*
Me: “Make you feel a bit redundant does it? No longer cock of the walk because women have taken the initiative away from the men? Have you even considered the fact that one reason women make an effort could be because it makes THEM feel good, rather than because they are trying to ensnare some unsuspecting, defenceless man?”
At this point, I was ready to ring the bloody bell myself just so he would piss off away from me before I knocked his shiny veneers down his throat. I was thankful that I didn’t need to, as time had already run out. I was in so much shock from Phil’s comments that the next fella had to snap his fingers in front of my face to get my attention."
§§§§



Let’s get to know M B Feeney a little, shall we?

Were you an avid reader as a child?
I learnt to read at about 18 months of age and my parents remember me spelling out words at train stations. When I discovered real, actual books, I read constantly…at home, walking along the street, everywhere. I always have a book with me.

Wow! I’m impressed that you began at such a young age. So, what was your favourite book growing up?
Wow, where to start? I LOVED The Hobbit, and Goodnight Mr Tom, to name a few. It's hard for me to pin any one book down as a favourite, as I read so many and I don't stick to one genre.

I’m pretty much the same.  Do you have a favourite genre you read more than others?
I don't like to pigeonhole myself into a genre.  I literally will read anything.

When were you first inspired to write, and do you remember what was it you wrote about?
I just wanted to tell stories. The first ever story I wrote was written in crayon about "Sally Goes to a Party" (I was 8). 

I think it’s wonderful that you always knew you wanted to write.  So, what inspired you to write your story, Right Click, Love?
I grew up (kind of, it's a long story) in London and wasn't very successful when it came to dating. I wondered what it would be like if I had stayed there instead of moving to where I am now, and was trying to find "the One", especially in times of the internet and social media.

It’s a great premise for certain, and with the other work I’ve read of yours, I just know it will be a slam dunk.  Any other stories you’ve got in the pipeline?
I've got another novella on hold whilst I attempt to plod through NaNo on a book I have no idea where it is going. Both are fundamentally romance stories, but with a touch of humour (I hope it's humorous to people other than me) and British cynicism. 

Well, you’ve certainly been keeping yourself busy. I wish you every success with completing your upcoming works, and all the best with the launch of Right Click, Love.  Thank you so much for popping by! 
§§§§

So folks, go get yourself a copy of  the Sugar Plum Dreams Anthology, a collection of stories about  love and friendship that have some wonderfully endearing characters. 
The Anthology is due for release on 11th December 2012.  Here are some details of where to find M B and also where to go grab yourself a copy:

Where to obtain purchase details:













0 comments: